My open source project REZVIVO - OSM in 3D

Hello everyone!

I originally started this project by writing all the code manually, but development has now shifted entirely to vibe coding.

At its core, the project is about real-time streaming of OpenStreetMap data into a 3D world. You can simply explore the 3D map or move around it using an avatar.

The project features shader-based vegetation and avatars. The world itself is partly shader-generated, with a baked base layer.

Full support for smart bike trainers has been implemented, allowing cyclists to ride through the open world.

With the help of an AI agent, OSM-based maps can be enhanced using geotagged photos. The application knows how to search for these images across multiple services.

CGE requires a small patch to handle some aspects of shadows and shaders.

OSM streaming relies on free data services, so occasional delays may occur.

GitHub: GitHub - thpg/rezvivo: Train on a smart trainer or freely explore OpenStreetMap in 3D. Open-source Windows app with streamed terrain, roads and buildings, walking, cycling, free flight, Dream Worlds and interval workouts. · GitHub

2 Likes

Nicely done ! a lot of work :clap:

I will try it couple of times. but for now I couldn’t start OSM, instantly “loading the ground” and only biker floats in sky :slight_smile: (I assume it might be some limitations of Internet provider, this is why I will try more later from other place)

I don’t see anything important in the logs, just opengl info and build-info json-s.

Tried dream world, it loaded, but at first I was not able to start unfortunately, camera is moving around biker, I see the environment, but can’t move.. I loaded another level, went to menu and clicked walk, I was able to move, then switched back to bicycle, it started working, so I rode a bunch of envs, all looks okayish :+1:

What seems missing for me from developer point of view: I didn’t apply patch, which I see as not a good solution, I also was not able to open design files in editor (MenuButton is missing, and maybe more as well, and recompile with custom components needs editor_units parameter in manifest.xml).

My suggestion is to move the patch to a dedicated branch in your cge-fork, which would be easy for others, for the pipeline , and maybe even for you.

1 Like

Thanks so much for testing it and for the detailed feedback! I’ll do my best to address the points you raised.

The Real World loading issue comes from the free public servers it relies on for map data. The program uses a list of servers covering different regions. I’ve set up my own server with OSM data for one country so far: Russia. You can try any city there. I’d recommend starting with a smaller one, though, as large cities put much more load on the system.

1 Like

There was a bug when creating map tiles—memory was being reallocated within a loop, significantly slowing down generation. A fix is ​​currently being worked on and will be released soon. It will also feature improved walking and running physics.

1 Like