A bunch of improvements of particular interest to mobile (Android, iOS) developers. In completely related news, stay tuned for The Unholy Society on Android and iOS release 🙂
Updated our Docker image (affects also FPC/Lazarus used to build the default CGE releases) to:
- for FPC 3.0.2, upgrade Lazarus version to 2.0.0
- for FPC 3.0.4, upgrade Lazarus version to 2.0.12
- for FPC 3.2.0, upgrade Lazarus version to 2.0.12
- for FPC trunk, upgraded SVN revisions to latest 48998 (FPC) and 64830 (Lazarus). Also documented FPC trunk support.
- use latest Android NDK layout for libraries (to adjust to changes described here (they removed ndk-bundle/platforms/ subdirectory) and here.
Why? We want to use latest fixes from everything 🙂 We also want GTK2 fixes from latest Lazarus 2.0.12. We also want latest FPC trunk with fix for optimizations on 64-bit ARM (Aarch64), important for mobile platforms.
Our Android build process was updated to use latest Android Gradle Plugin (4.1.0). Note that this also requires newer Gradle (6.5+), it will be downloaded automatically in normal setups. This fixes building with latest NDK.
We now have
examples/mobile/achievements/demo. This is almost identical to the “New Project -> 2D Game” template but also reports achievements to Google Play Games or Apple Game Center.
examples/2d_dragon_spine_game/was removed. The template “New Project -> 2D Game” now serves better to show it.
Aarch64 optimizations are now enabled when FPC is >= 3.3.1 .