Create a stream of particles behind a bullet object

Hi everyone,

I am making a game specifically based off Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue, the video game based off the movie, where you play as Sandy Cheeks from the SpongeBob universe rather than Buzz Lightyear.

In the game, there were laser bullets that you would shoot, and I am okay with coding that, cause I know it’s the same thing as the bullets example, just done from the perspective of a third person avatar rather than a first person camera,

But I am clueless as to how to add a stream/trail of particles behind the actual bullet part, as in the original game the tip of the laser was the bullet object, and the rest of the laser would taper out/fade out slowly when the bullet hit a wall because it was most likely a system of particles, rather than disappear instantaneously with the bullet part.

This is best done using a particle engine. We do not have a particle engine as part of CGE yet, but we have 2 options for particles listed on Additional Components | Castle Game Engine :

• Particle Emitter
  • Effekseer Integration

See the links there (also to news) that describe how to set them up. With “Particle Emitter” it should be easy to set up a “trail of stuff when something moves”, the demo application of it already shows it – if you move some transforms, they leave a “trail” behind.