Terrain+Texture plans?

Hi Michelis, I was wondering when you might be revisiting terrain? As much as I like the wyrdforest terrain which looks good … the 4 texture layers seems too limiting for what I want to do. After many months in the wyrd terrain, it just looks so static even though I randomize it every time and can deform it to place roads that aren’t too wonky.

It would be amazing if it were possible to have more layers and allow for cells on the terrain to have different textures (like you do now) but also allowing a palette of textures that map to an indexed-color image. This could be in addition to the terrain sensitive mapping you do. Maybe they blend together, or one covers the other. Then you could dynamically have different terrain coloring/texture, like vegetation, or mud, sand, whatever., based on a map image instead of or addition to being based on the terrain steepness and heights. After a forest fire an area could be painted with ‘burnt’ color/texture from the palette. Edits to the indexed-color image (or loading different ones), dynamically update the terrain texture. Is this feasible?