City builder direction

10 points if you can guess what I want my city builder to be like…

5 Likes

Yes… dynamic… so if you build a road by a river it could flood. 4/6 specific vehicles in the scene above from a specific movie, and the little screen on the right would also be a clue. So, yes, fantastical in a dystopian way.

I’m afraid that smisteve, that engaged in this thread, was almost for sure a bot posting with AI (like ChatGPT)-generated text, aiming to circumvent Discourse anti-spam rules by first gaining reputation. A few flags pointed to it, both publicly-visible and things I saw as moderator.

I have blocked the user now and hidden his posts.

On the off chance that I’m wrong (which is always possible in such cases, I apologize in advance if that happened): smisteve, just contact me privately. You can find various ways to contact me through Discord, forum, GitHub and Patreon | Castle Game Engine or https://michalis.xyz/ , I’ll be sure to reinstate your account.

Oh, bummer. It did seem like his posts were very unspecific.

What kind of game is it? Is there any playable version?

No. It is a city builder, but doesn’t do much yet other than have water that flows and lets you draw roads into the terrain.

2 Likes

Water flow ? cool.

I don’t like the static worlds that most city builders put you in. I want stuff like landslides and floods. I envision more of a dystopian city builder where things can go really wrong. The clues in my original post are the vehicles… from a particular dystopian movie. But at my present pace I won’t have something playable for maybe 100 years!

2 Likes