This is the second part of my journey making a dream come true: creating a strategic adventure out of a book I have written in the past.
If I get stuck with a programming problem I will create a separate topic on it, so the topic “Creating a strategic adventure step by step” will be just for showing my progressions.
The lead player is a man or woman (which can be selected at the start of the game – not implemented yet).
The man’s name is John Carring. He was sent to this tropical and secret island to command a team of people with different skills.
He will have to meet the crewmembers one by one and take the right decisions to get them to obey his orders and function as a team for successful rescue operations around the world.
The location shown is temporarily as a test location, I will have to make my own yet.
I have spent MANY hours to make the animations and moving directions of the characters. Currently I have about 20 characters.
Thanks to some nice people on this forum that helped me with my programming problems I have progressed bit by bit.
I have uploaded the next video to show what already works.
- Right clicking mouse to select look-get-talk-walk
- With “walk” selected the character moves to the mouse sprite position until his feet reaches the
coordinates (mouse transform).
- With “Talk to” selected the character moves to the selected NPC position
- Then the NPC turns toward main player
- Closeup of NPC while interacting
- There is some interaction possible between main player and NPC by using different menus
- As long as the main player hides his real name he won’t get far in adding the NPC to the team.
- There are some random answers to make the illusion the NPC really thinks about her answers.
Next things to do:
- Player turns to NPC if neccessary
- Closeup of Player when he has to choose an answer
- Animating background parts (ocean, moving tree leaves(maybe)
- Adding beach sound
I hope you like it so far and if I you have any questions or improvement suggestions let me know!